We are seeking a full-time Pre-Suit Paralegal with at least 1-2 years of experience handling pre-suit personal injury cases.
We are Hiring a full-time Pre-Suit Paralegal with at least 1-2 years of experience handling pre-suit personal injury cases. Prior caseload experience should be inclusive of automobile accidents, slip-and-falls, and premises liability.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong work ethic who takes pride in aggressively and proactively tending to the needs of each case.
Fluency in Spanish/ Creole is preferred but not required
- Conducting new-client intake and initial assessment of factual issues
- Setting up new files and maintaining files in the firm’s case management software
- Reviewing insurance policies and declarations pages to determine insurance coverage eligibility
- Requesting medical records and medical bills from medical providers
- Reviewing medical records to determine extent and nature of injuries/complaints/symptoms.
- Assisting attorneys with post-settlement closing statements
- Resolving medical balances and liens
- Preparing and sending letters of representation, waivers and reduction, and statutory notice letters
- Assisting attorneys with preparing demand letters/packages
Communicating and negotiating with health insurance companies and medical providers
- Frequently communicating with clients regarding each aspect of their case
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Self-motivated with a professional sense of urgency to properly manage files
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal talents, with excellent verbal, written, and phone communication skills
- Ability to work independently with adherence to deadlines
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Desire to learn and grow
- Professional demeanor and appearance required
Pay rate is commensurate with experience. Some of the benefits we offer include: paid major holidays, group health insurance, vacation days, and discretionary bonuses based on performance. Office hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Applying for Pre Suit Paralegal Role, & in the body be sure to include your resume, LinkedIn profile & a fun fact about yourself.