Criminal defense lawyers work to reduce or dismiss any charges against you.
Criminal defense lawyers defend individuals and organizations who have been accused of committing a crime by investigating the case to uncover every relevant detail that can help the defendant.
Some criminal cases we handle include the following:
- Assault & Battery
- Criminal Defense
- Drug possession
- DUI & DWI
- Felony Defense
- Identity Theft
- Misdemeanor Defense
- Restraining Orders
- Theft & White Collar Crimes
- Violation of Probation/ Community Control
Criminal defense lawyers aggressively fight for your freedom and reputation.
You are innocent until proven guilty. Your lawyer will work relentlessly to fight for you and your innocence.
In order to create a strong defense, criminal defense lawyers perform the following tasks:
- They investigate the case and gather evidence to prove your account of the events
- Fight for a dismissal or a reduction in the charges.
- Speak to witnesses
- Draft and file motions
- Draft, file, and argue appeals when necessary
- Research laws and statutes as they relate to each case
- Build a case and defense strategy
- Negotiate with the prosecution to reduce charges or for a plea bargain
- Advocate for defendants at trial
- When applicable, they argue the Statute of Limitations has run out on your case
Criminal defense lawyers work to reduce or dismiss the charges against you.
If you’re facing criminal charges, one of the only things that stand between you and a long prison sentence is your criminal defense lawyer. Your lawyer will fight and stand beside you, acting as your sword and shield against the prosecution team. Aside from defending you, your lawyer is a trusted person who you can confide in. While defending you, criminal defense lawyers counsel you and give you a real-time, realistic sense of what you can expect, so you are informed the entire time.