Listening to the local news or reading the local headlines gives you a snapshot of the most common types of traffic accidents common in Pompano Beach, as well as overall Broward County traffic accidents. When you read about multi-automobile accidents on the Florida Turnpike or fiery crashes on I-95, you know that there are many types of Florida traffic accidents.
The damage incurred from Broward County car accidents can be mentally and physically devastating. Having the right lawyer is key to getting the compensation you deserve. At LJW Legal, we provide the experienced representation you need to help you or a loved one who has been injured in a traffic accident. Call (954) 388-9841 or fill out our form for a free case evaluation today.
Florida traffic accidents happen so frequently that it is almost impossible to find someone whose life hasn’t been impacted by an accident. Even if the accident doesn’t result in a serious injury, it can cause the loss of your vehicle or require time off from work to recover.
However, many accidents are preventable. Just knowing how they are most likely to happen can help you avoid a Broward County car accident before it occurs.
Common Car Accidents in Florida
The most frequent Florida traffic accidents are rear-end collisions. This usually happens when one car is following another too closely. If the car in front stops suddenly, the car behind it often plows directly into the back of it. In these instances, the driver of the following car is considered to be at fault.
In addition, to rear-end accidents, the most common Florida traffic accidents include:
- Left turn accidents. Broward county traffic accidents often occur in intersections. The most common type of intersection accident is the left turn accident. This happens when a driver makes a left turn in front of another driver going forward through the intersection.
- Head-on collisions. As the name implies, this type of accident happens when two cars hit each other in the front, usually because one or both cars have veered out of their lanes. These accidents generally cause serious injuries and are often fatal, because drivers in these accidents are usually traveling at high speeds.
- Side-impact accidents. Known as “T-bone” or “broadside” accidents, these descriptive names tell you that the front of one car strikes the side of another car. A left-turn accident is a subset of this type of accident. They are most often caused by speeding or distracted driving.
- Sideswipe accidents. Any situation where two cars are required to travel close to each other could potentially cause an accident. Merging, for instance, often causes cars to line up while traveling at high speeds, making the risk of a sideswipe collision more likely.
- Single-vehicle crashes. When a vehicle runs off the road, hits a tree, or spins out of control on gravel or ice, it is considered a single-vehicle accident. The driver is generally considered at fault in this type of accident. However, they may still be able to file a claim if the road wasn’t adequately cleared of debris, and those conditions contributed to the crash.
- Multi-car accidents. These types of accidents usually happen on Florida’s Turnpike or I-95. They often involve different types of crashes and injuries. The number of victims and types of crashes makes them uniquely complicated. In addition, rescue workers often have trouble reaching all the victims, while a fire from one car can quickly spread. Cars in this type of accident are often hit many times, increasing the chances of injury.
Common Causes of Broward County Car Accidents
The increased number of cars on Pompano Beach roads is increasing the chances of traffic accidents. Many factors contribute to traffic accidents, including:
- Distracted driving. These days, people are texting, calling, eating, reading, shaving, putting on makeup, and more in their cars. It’s no surprise that distracted driving is the leading cause of traffic accidents.
- Drunk driving. Drunk driving and driving under the influence of drugs is the leading cause of deadly car accidents.
- Negligent or reckless driving. This category includes speeding, running red lights, driving the wrong way, making illegal turns, and tailgating.
- Young or inexperienced drivers. With little experience navigating through traffic, these drivers often fail to notice or ignore the signs that could lead to a potential accident.
- Defects by the manufacturer or maintenance provider. While many malfunctions could happen, the most common problems are with tires and brakes.
Types of Injuries You Might Experience in a Pompano Beach Traffic Accident
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Minor scrapes and cuts
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken ribs
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Back and spine injuries
Different Traffic Accidents Cause Different Injuries
The severity of your injuries from accidents on Florida’s turnpike and other Pompano Beach roads often depends on the type of accident. Below is a breakdown of the type of injuries often caused by different types of traffic accidents.
- Whiplash. Rear-end accidents often result in whiplash injuries. The unexpected back-and-forth movement caused by the accident can strain muscles and other soft tissues in your neck.
- Scrapes and cuts. You may end up with scrapes and cuts from the impact of a single-vehicle crash, sideswipe, or side-impact accident.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Head-on collisions often cause traumatic brain injuries that have long-lasting effects. If not properly treated, these injuries can cause long-term issues with brain function, headaches, and sleeping problems.
- Broken ribs. Light to moderate impact can cause broken ribs, so just because an accident seems minor doesn’t mean you can’t be injured. Accidents that can cause broken ribs include side-impact, single and multi-car accidents, and left-turn accidents.
- Broken bones. Almost any severe car accident can cause broken bones, including side-impact accidents, left-turn accidents, single-vehicle accidents, and multi-vehicle accidents.
- Internal bleeding. Any major accident can cause internal bleeding. It is important to seek medical attention after any accident to ensure that you are not suffering an injury that is not immediately obvious.
- Back and spine injuries. Just as you can break bones in a Pompano Beach car crash, you can also injure your back or spine. Left-turn accidents, side-impact accidents, head-on collisions, single-vehicle crashes, and multi-vehicle crashes are all likely to cause back and spine injuries.
Find a Pompano Beach Traffic Accident Attorney
If you, a loved one, or friend have recently been in a traffic accident in Pompano Beach or Broward County, contact LJW Legal today to find a Pompano Beach accident attorney. Or, call (954) 388-9841 for a free case evaluation today. We’ll help you get through the confusion of insurance claims and protect your rights, whether you were at fault or not.